A nationwide partnership has established the National Center for Supply Chain Automation (www.supplychainautomation.com). The goal of the Center is to increase the number of qualified supply chain technicians to meet the growing national need across the private and public supply chains.
The technologies used to support the nation’s supply chain are becoming more advanced every day. These new technologies are being implemented to increase production, improve accuracy, and to meet the needs of the e-commerce revolution. The days of shipping full pallets of product to retail outlets are being replaced with single items shipped directly to the customer’s door. This business model is creating new challenges for companies. High-tech inventory control systems and material handling equipment are needed. Ample workforce to maintain these new technologies does not currently exist. Academically STEM-prepared (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) students, with an interest in using technology are needed to address the growing demand for skilled supply chain technicians.
“There is a need for a person who installs, operates, supports, upgrades or maintains the automated material handling equipment and systems that support the supply chain.“
-May 2016, SCA Industry Leadership Team
The Center has 5 major objectives:
1. Implement model 2+2 supply chain automation career pathways though high school and community college partnerships nationally to meet the need for educated technicians.
2. Establish a national symposium for supply chain automation stakeholders.
3. Increase the number of individuals from under-represented groups entering the field of supply chain automation.
4. Disseminate deliverables and information to educators, industry and current and potential supply chain technicians.
5. Establish and promote stackable national industry certifications for supply chain automation.
The mission of the National Center for Supply Chain Automation (SCA) is to increase the number of highly skilled supply chain technicians to meet the growing national demand.
Get In Touch
2001 Third St.
Norco, CA 92860, USA
Phone: (951) 739-7811
Stay up to date on our current projects by subscribing to our monthly newsletter.
The National Center aspires to increase the number of skilled technicians by serving as the national leader for supply chain automation education.
This center is sponsored by the National Science Foundation’s Advanced Technological Education Program under Award No. 1601452. Any opinions, findings, conclusions or recommendations presented on our social media platforms are only those of the presenter grantee/researcher, author, or agency employee and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.